4.20.2009

I know you read this

To the love of my life,
I believe in soul mates, one perfect person for another. I believe there are many along the way who help mold us to who we are supposed to be when you meet that perfect person. And I believe you are my perfect person, my soul mate.

When you love someone, all the details make a difference. The smell left lingering on my clothes after you leave. The way you hold me like you will never let me go and I, in turn, could stay there for five minutes more. Your laugh makes me laugh. And such a simple smile rights all present wrongs. How you defend me, set goals for me, push me to succeed. And you are there even when I feel like a failure. I come to you scared and uncertain and you comfort me, reassure me, and help me press onward. You give me hope. And for that, I love you.

The day you dropped to one knee was the happiest day of my life, only to be later trumped by our wedding day and the birth of our future children. When I look at you, I not only see many anniversaries to come. I see children. I see our house. I see our future, our family.

You are my best friend. You are my rock. You are my everything. I see no one else in your place and I will love you til the day we part ways in death, and even then, time is our only separation. You have stolen my heart and even if you didn’t, I would have given it freely.

You are everything I ever wanted. You are a strong, handsome man and I am so proud to call you my husband. I stand in awe daily of your intelligence, you determination, your drive. You never cease to amaze me. Your sense of timing is still impeccable, whether it be a quick remark or a joke. Nevertheless, you always know how to make me smile.

Almost one year from now, we will declare our love despite hell or high water through life and death. And it appears a simple “I do” does not suffice. I will love you for eternity. Through whatever God may throw our way. Many say marriage is difficult, especially with the divorce rate at approximately 50%. But numbers don’t scare me as they don’t you.

Our first years of marriage, we will be poorer than poor. We will struggle AND we will triumph. But we learn. I learned so much from you in our short friendship that our relationship took no initiation. We both took a leap of faith. Many thought we were just a passing fling, but you and I knew different.

Everyday before I lay my head down, I pray. I thank God for being so generous when he made you. And more importantly that he gave you to me to love and to cherish. I pray that our many years together are filled with blessings and whatever mistakes we may make, we learn from them.

I love you so much that these words will still never be enough to allow you to comprehend the amount of love I feel for you. I truly hope that my actions continue to speak louder than words and that you know, you are deeply deeply respected and adored by yours truly.

I will love you always and forever

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment